I think I am going in the right direction with promoting my books. In December, there were 3 downloads/purchases a day but in January this rose to 11 a day. What did I do during this time?
- I continued to contact schools in the UK
- I asked my niece to help me using twitter (as she understands it far better than me)
- I joined goodreads
- I contacted people on facebook and asked them to share my posts
- I asked other people for advice (thanks Helena and Anthony)
- I have run a competition. Click here to take part.
- I revamped my website to make sure users saw what I wanted them to see, the moment they opened my pages
My next target is to reach 24 downloads/purchases a day. How am I going to do that?
- I am going to ask people for help. I started this yesterday and have already had some brilliant responses (thanks Christophe and Eliska)
- I ask people to promote me on facebook
- I am going to work with bookbub (hopefully) to promote my books
- I will find other websites to promote on
- I will try to think of new ways to market my novel
All the above points read as I,I,I but the most important thing I have done so far is to ask other people for help. Now, I just need to do it some more.