Last year I read a book called the Chimp Paradox by Dr. Steve Peters. Dr. Peters assisted top sportsmen and women in the field of sports psychology. In the book, he suggested that you should keep a list of your own successes, no matter how big or small they are, because this list will keep you motivated.
My definition of success has two parts:
- Many people read and enjoy my books.
- Enough people buy my books that I can make a living doing something I love.
These two parts are going to take a while to achieve but, in the meantime, I am still succeeding. To my list of successes this week I added:
- my new website went live and I was told that 'my website is dope' which I believe is a compliment!
- my contribution to a book called 'Sprint Beyond the Book' was published
- 'An Extra-Ordinary Beginning' is now available in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand through e-Sentral
- the number of VIPS to my website has increased by 200%
- I helped two people and I realized how much I have learnt in the last two months
These are small successes but ones which will help me to succeed further.