On your website, tell everyone you are an author so they knew who you are. Take a look at mine (www.winchad.com). Make sure that you have:
- A Home page - which introduces your site
- About me – a short and long bio about you
- Books – information about your books
- Content – resources for readers, fun stuff, things that may interest them
- Contact me – give them the opportunity to reach you
- Shop – where they can buy your books or that will lead them there
However, on every page make sure there is a link to you novel or novels. Your website should provide the reader with content that interests them and encourages them to buy your book.
Now get yourself an email address with the same address as your site.
If you are going to blog regularly try to create blogs that interest or amuse or help people. Unless you live a truly exciting life your daily ramblings may well turn people away!
Once you think you have finished find two critical friend to test out your site - one should rarely use the internet (they do exist!) and the other should be media savvy. Once they give you the thumbs up, you can publish your writer's website.